FREE defragger and Registry Cleaner and Security

mark3986 00:39 24 Jun 09

hi wots the best defragger and registry programme to use that is free and also ive got AVG and CCleaner And Spybot Search & Destroy on my laptop is that sufficent security to help to protect myself oh and also windows Defender and Firewall Thanks

T I M B O 00:45 24 Jun 09

The best de-fragger is the one u like to use i suspect, but you could try this one >> click here

Ccleaner is ok to use for the registery.
There is also a page defrag you can use once in a blue moon >> click here

The registery defrag is good to, but unless ur a gamer, it's good to use onmce in a blue moon >> click here

Best of luck !!

mark3986 00:50 24 Jun 09

well i like playing my football manager 2009 and the sims occasionally so i like my laptop to be as quick as possible but more importantly safe from hackers and co.u and ideas wot i can do to keep it in tip top condition and running smoothly mate i like software which is fairly light on resources eg memory and space but do a good job too?!your help will/would be appricated Thank You!!

T I M B O 00:53 24 Jun 09

Well if you wanna be safe from hackers & spyware, then use >> click here

Be sure to fully update this before you scan in either safe more or drop the internet connection while you are logged into windows & do a full scan.

DieSse 01:13 24 Jun 09

Personally I would change to free Avast or free Avira if you want a better free AV - AVG doesn't cover rootkits or downloads or IM chats click here That's why they call it Basic Protection.

Malwarebytes (as recommended above) is excellent - so is Spybot. I install them both - each picks up a few things the other misses.

Defragging is vastly overrated - I only ever use the Windows one - and rarely. Most other free defraggers only use the Windows API calls anyway. See this from one such website :-

"JkDefrag is based on the standard defragmentation API by Microsoft, a system library that is included in Windows 2000, 2003, XP, Vista, and 2008. Most defragmenters are based on this API, including the free defragmenter that comes with Windows and many commercial defragmenters."

For Registry Cleaning and (more importantly) Disk Cleaning I use the free Wise Cleaners click here I find them fast, safe, and the Registry Cleaner makes good backups of what it does.

If you want a top grade all-in-one AV, Firewall, Spyware and Spam protection - then you best fork out a few quid for Eset Security Suite - well known for it's lack of system overhead, fast scans, trounlefree fast and frequent updates, and it's unbeaten Virus performance over many years in the Virus Bulletin tests www,eset.co.uk

mark3986 21:29 24 Jun 09

it wont let me run page defrag guys

wjrt 21:47 24 Jun 09

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…