Free data recovery software?

jaydoubleyou 12:05 08 Apr 04

Can anyone recommend any good, free data recovery software? I reinstalled Windows (XP) recently and used Maxblaster to copy the contents of the old C drive to another partition, but now Windows does not recognise the partition, asking if I'd like to format it, and Partition Magic says it is Type 07, which I thought was NTFS but it's in yellow on the disk diagram rather than the magenta colour usually used for NTFS. None of the data is absolutely crucial, as I put anything really important on DVD-RWs and CD-RWs, but there's a few little bits I missed. None of the free data recovery programs I've tried recognise the partition; the only one that *can* read it is Getdataback, but I don't want to pay $69 to retrieve a few fairly unimportant files!

SANTOS7 12:10 08 Apr 04

click here+ should give you what your looking for good luck [email protected]

jaydoubleyou 12:16 08 Apr 04

Download.com was the first place I tried - the free ones can't read the partition and the shareware ones either won't let you save files or the saved files are limited in some way.

Diodorus Siculus 12:19 08 Apr 04

Restoration is an easy to use and straight forward tool to undelete files that were removed from the recycle bin or directly deleted from within Windows. Upon start, you can scan for all files that may be recovered and also limit the results by entering a search term or extension. In addition, it also provides the option to wipe the found files beyond simple recovery. The program is small and standalone, it does not require installation and can also run from a Floppy disk. Restoration works with FAT and NTFS as well as digital cameras cards.

click here

jaydoubleyou 13:08 08 Apr 04

Thanks for that, but it didn't work - came up with 'no files found'... I know there's files there, because Getdataback found them, but most recovery programs can't see them.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Animator Emanuele Kabu’s psychedelic video is a stunning tribute to Lisbon city

Best Mac antivirus 2017