Free birthday reminder & photo management software

keithpld 11:25 09 Jun 09

Following my hard disk failure and my gradual reinstallation from external hard drive backup onto my laptop, I would like to reinstall BirthdayReminderPortable, but can't find it on the net any more, and Jasc Paint Shop photo album, which came free with the PC (Dell) but which it now seems is only available free on 30 day trial.

Can anyone give me a link to BirthdayReminderPortable? Or what do you recommend in the way of free birthday reminder software?

And what do you recommend in the way of photo management software - I've got Serif Photo Manager, but would like in particular a slide show facility which the Jasc program had but Photo Manage doesn't?

TIA

Keith

Kevscar1 11:43 09 Jun 09

Put Irfanview in your search engine. It's free does slideshows batch conversion and has editig functions.
do the same for the other program you want.

Belatucadrus 12:08 09 Jun 09

click here BirthdayReminderPortable
click here Photoscape.
click here Picasa.

scotty 12:26 09 Jun 09

I would second the votes for Irfanview and Picasa. Irfanview is great for viewing many different types of picture file, simple editing and batch editing (e.g. resizing, remaning). Picasa is great for quickly scanning through many pictures.

For reminders, have you considered Google Calander? It can be configured to send email reminders.

Pineman100 18:44 09 Jun 09

Yup. For simple, straightforward photo cataloguing and management, plus basic editing functions, you can't beat Picasa.

keithpld 14:10 10 Jun 09

Many thanks all for very helpful suggestions

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac