Free backup software for XP?

webber_man 15:03 22 Aug 07

Theres a whole host of great software programmes and utilites out there that are free, and i was wondering if there is a good backup programme anyone knows of?

I want something to backup all my files (documents, pics, mp3's etc.) as well as my emails in Outlook Express.

I don't know what i'd do if i lost the lot so something that can backup and restore if need be would be great.

Cheers.

Totally-braindead 15:16 22 Aug 07

There are some free ones but I have no experience of them.
The best thought of, of all the backup programs is probably Acronis True Image but it costs £20 click here which considering the hassle it can save you is still a bit of a bargain.

mad1234 15:20 22 Aug 07

click here this may help

cocteau48 15:24 22 Aug 07

Acronis is currently only £14.99 from Play.com
click here
I thought it was essential at any price but £14.99 has to be an absolute bargain.

Pine Man 15:26 22 Aug 07

'I don't know what i'd do if i lost the lot'

Says it all really.

It is a small price to pay for peace of mind. Either Acronis True Image or Norton Ghost. My preference having used both is True Image.

Stuartli 15:29 22 Aug 07

This lady (Karen) has several freeware offerings, including:

click here

Pamy 16:55 22 Aug 07

XP itself has backup prog

pj123 17:13 22 Aug 07

xxclone is free.

I use it to clone my C: drive and it has never let me down.

click here

Stuartli 17:30 22 Aug 07

Yes, but it's not as good as many third party offerings for various reasons.

Stuartli 17:31 22 Aug 07

I use Norton Ghost.

Snec 17:44 22 Aug 07

For system backup I think Acronis is the best I've ever used.

For data backup, Cobian click here is, in my opinion, by far the best of all the *free* backup programs available.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…