Free Backup Software

MIke 15:27 19 Jun 04

If anyone is looking for a free Backup Utility, I discovered this yesterday. It's a commercial product, but a free version is available. I've downloaded it and installed it on XP Home.

My initial thoughts are it's dead easy to use and set up. It uses a wizard type interface for you to choose exactly what you wish to backup and to schedule incremental and full backups.

I keep My Documents on a separate partion to my OS and Program files. I use Drive Image to keep backups of my c drive. I could of course use DI to image My Documents, but laziness means it's easier to use something that will automatically backup files on a scheduled basis, and means of course that a backup will be done!

This program is much more user friendly that that supplied with Windows. I'm using it to backup to a USB external hard drive.

Worth a look at click here

Clint2 17:00 19 Jun 04

It was well worth a look. I've just downloaded it and backed up My Documents to another partition, very easy.

Very good program.

I have now got to buy a spare Hd or a DVD writer and do the job properly.

Nice link, well done.

MIke 17:15 19 Jun 04

Thanks Clint

I'm not sure if the Free version lets you back up to CD. But that can always be done manually anyway. It's just I never did daily backups, rather only when I thought about it! This Prog does all the thinking for you once you set it up. If you look in their FAQ's they suggest doing the auto backup each time Windows starts, as the program terminates itself once the backup is done. If you set it to backup at a certain time of day it will of course be running until that time, using up some resources.

rawprawn 17:22 19 Jun 04

Well spotted, I like the look of that.

MIke 18:38 19 Jun 04

Leejg 19:34 19 Jun 04

Try this it works for me

click here

MIke 19:43 19 Jun 04

Looks like it does the same thing

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…