Free Back Up Software

n8-digi 10:37 AM 13 Jan 09

Hi all,

I am just wondering if anybody knows of a good free backup utility for windows servers (2000 - 2008) as im kind of sick of the errors that keep getting thrown up from the microsoft utility.

I have worked with many different utilities before so i will easily adapt, the software will be first implemented to our own server then if successful to a few of our customers too.

Any ideas welcome :D

Thanks Guys,

Nath

Jim_F 14:25 PM 13 Jan 09

I'm not sure from your post whether this is user data or the system image but theres plenty over at Sourceforge and the price is always right :) click here

Although not free for system images I prefer the Paragon tools as they can recover a boot partition from DVD or portable disk but to make this workable you need to keep user data seperate from the system parition.

In Vista I use shadow copy for may main machine data but prefer to run it when convenenient or to schedule rather than as a background task - I would have thought this would suite server operation too-what problems are you getting ?.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

14 best budget laptops of 2015: best budget laptops reviews - best cheap laptops - best bargain…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Animated film of Raymond Briggs' Ethel and Ernest ramps up production

From Antennagate to Yellowgate: The 10 worst Apple scandals (and why they were blown out of proport)…