Free Avg Antispy expired

Ben capewell 20:11 06 Feb 07

I did have running the free version of avg antispy wich had the on-line protection, and now it has expired, it still does the manual scans but not the on-line, and active stuff, does any body know, how to get it going again ?

SANTOS7 20:15 06 Feb 07

Not sure i quite understand what your saying,How can
a free prog Expire, what version of AVG are/where you running..

Newbolt 20:15 06 Feb 07

Had the same problem - there is a later version of it - still free. Suggest you delete the version you have, then go to the Grisoft website and download the more recent free version.

beynac 20:19 06 Feb 07

You download a thirty-day trial - not a free version. When the trial is over it reverts to a free version without Resident Shield or automatic updates. If you want these, you need to purchase the full version.

MIke 20:19 06 Feb 07

That's because the full version of the program isn't free. You get a time limited trial of full version, which reverts to the cut down version you now have. To get back to full functionality you have to pay I'm afraid.

Totally-braindead 20:19 06 Feb 07

You buy it pure and simple. You had a 15 day trial the trial is over you now have limited function on it and if you want the full function you have to buy it.

Totally-braindead 20:26 06 Feb 07

If you don't want to pay there are other free programs you could try instead.

SANTOS7 20:26 06 Feb 07

With all the other free progs at your disposal the free limited version is probably good enough..

Technotiger 20:31 06 Feb 07

Hi, as long as you have the normal Free AVG, Ad-Aware and a decent Firewall, plus perhaps a RegCleaner then you should have nothing to worry about. That is what I have, and although I spend many many hours on-line I am not bothered by nasties.

Technotiger 20:33 06 Feb 07

PS - also of course, just be very sensible with your emails received ... never open anything that you do not recognise, especially if it includes attachments!

Ben capewell 20:58 06 Feb 07

so basically once ive used the trial period, thats it, i just thought one of you guys would of fount a way around the trial period, so ill just keep doing a manual scan, i have got win defender, zone alarm and avg running, so this should do it ?????

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…