Free AVG 7?

A3 13:44 29 Dec 04

After being told AVG 6 was discontinuing and being given the option to download AVG 7 free, I took it. It was only introduced on 22/12/04. I have had several problems when loading programs - the internet connection is corrupted and I have to reload ME. Anyone else experienced similar problems?

Tick Tock 16:50 29 Dec 04

No problems here works fine

Pamy 16:58 29 Dec 04

no problem,

Pamy

Simsy 17:39 29 Dec 04

so I changed to another free antivirus product, AVAST...

However, though this works, I don't find it quite as intuitive, and it does seem to be slower when scanning the system.

The main problem with AVG7 was that Control Centre kept "not responding"

I should add that I had already been having a number of different, and unassociated problems, with my system, (other programmes misbehaving), so it is likely that the problem is not with AVG.

My system is Win98se, and I shall soon be re-installing to sort out these problems which have become numerous. assuming I am successful, I think I shall return to using AVG

Good luck,

Regards,

Simsy

A3 21:26 29 Dec 04

Thanks each. One way to get round the issue is to remove AVG before any program is loaded, and then reinstall it after. Up to now, and I have used it for over a year, it has been great.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…