Free AV

davidprc 13:26 16 Apr 08

For some reason when anyone requests a free AV Anti Vir is rarely mentioned. This is strange considering its detection is on a par with Kaspersky.

manrow 13:27 16 Apr 08

Can you provide a link please davidprc?

anskyber 13:28 16 Apr 08
  brundle 13:29 16 Apr 08

It bugs you with full page ads for the paid-for product, unlike the other two, and doesn't support Windows 9x. Otherwise, not a bad product, I don't know why it gets less mentions. It can be found at filehippo click here

Belatucadrus 16:51 16 Apr 08

Also if I remember rightly, the new free version doesn't check incoming e-mail, just relies on the shield function to catch any nasties if activated. It's ICSA and Virus Bulletin rated with a good reputation, but the nag screens brundle mentioned and the nature of the compromises made in the freebie put me off it. Which is a pity as its predecessor was a real low footprint nag free gem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…