//some 3rd party need geo

Free ASP hosting

Baledor 16:55 08 Jun 04

Does anyone know of any FREE asp hosters out there? Most claim to be free but there are hidden costs in the background.

Gaz 25 17:03 08 Jun 04

a free package with that feature.

Taran 17:19 08 Jun 04

It depends on how clever you want to get.

Most Linux web hosts will allow you to run ASP pages, after a fashion. You will be using Chilisoft ASP on a Linux web host and inmost cases this will mean that you will be stuck running (and coding) ASP 2.0 and not the most recent ASP 3.0 specification. This incurrs certain limitations, but nothing is too difficult to work around.

If you mean that you want to run Microsoft ASP 3.0 pages with Access or Microsoft SQL database support then good luck to you in finding something.

One of the reasons why Windows web hosting is so expensive is the comparatively high software licensing costs. I can't think of any reason why, when this and the hardware required to run it is so expensive, a web host would choose to offer it for free to anyone who wants it.

Lots of web hosts now offer accounts for next to nothing and twenty to sixty pounds a year will give you a choice of very well specified accounts. If you do want a Microsoft ASP account then check out this liik where I asked fow low cost ASP hosting on behalf of some of my students a couple of weeks ago click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…