phoenix_one 21:32 08 Aug 03

I need free antivirus software

What is the best

powerless 21:33 08 Aug 03
  Belatucadrus 22:02 08 Aug 03
  Giantsquid 22:19 08 Aug 03

I go with powerless AVG.

pj123 22:27 08 Aug 03

Yep, I go with AVG as well. If you can't get into click here try click here I seem to get a better response from .cz than I do from .com

Djohn 22:29 08 Aug 03

I agree AVG ;o)

krypt1c 22:40 08 Aug 03

AVG is the one for me. btw if you haven't got one you should also install a firewall. The free version of Zone Alarm click here

bof:) 22:42 08 Aug 03

Hi all,

I also agree about AVG but I've had 1 person say 'its crap' (their words) and remove it from my neighbours PC without any further explanation. They also removed the free version of Zone Alarm leaving him without any protection at all.

Then my friend got her PC back from the PC shop and they also said AVG was not very good but did not offer to sell her anything better.

I've made sure its back on both of their PC's and told them to make sure it's updated regularly.

We all know that in most cases you get nothing for free and that a purchased antivirus checker may be better. But AVG does a good job.

Mike

phoenix_one 08:31 09 Aug 03

I now run AVG and Zonealarm

Thank you very much for your help

Wak 09:35 09 Aug 03

I agree that AVG is a good program and have used it for two years but at the moment the AVG6.avi file which goes on to the second Rescue disc (plus an empty .TXT file) is too large to fit on the floppy when creating the Rescue discs is the proper manner and, consequently, the second Rescue disc is not made.
This could be their way of saying that the program will no longer be a FREE one.
I have now removed AVG and have loaded the AVAST prog as suggested by Belatucadrus above.

kit41 17:38 09 Aug 03

As suggested above I downloaded AVG and all I get is a Tetris game - is it me or the heat

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…