Free Antivirus Question.

helpmeplease. 16:01 04 Mar 08

Hi,
My paid for version of Panda Antivirus (I was given it free) has run out.
So now i am looking for a free, easy, reliable and low on pc resources Antivirus.
Which will run o/k with free zone alarm firewall?
I have just installed AVG free antivirus for now, does anyone recommend Avg or anything else.
I am running windows xp sp2.
Many Thanks

skidzy 16:07 04 Mar 08

Remove Panda first before installing any other Antivirus programs.

click here

For reference; click here

johndrew 16:10 04 Mar 08

I don`t use zone alarm for my firewall but have used AVG free for some time and find it does the job.

Others may recommend AntiVir or similar free AVs. At the end of the day much depends on your surfing habits and how willing you are to ensure the software is up to date.

You could also search this forum for the many questions and answers on the subject.

lofty29 16:15 04 Mar 08

Hi, I use zonealarm firewall,avg antivirus, spybot s&d and spywareblaster v4 all seem to run happily together

birdface 16:31 04 Mar 08

AVG for me.Some prefer Avast.Avg has a little square that you can tick so that when you go out for a pint or whatever it will finish the scan and then power down the computer when finished.I wish more programs had this.

wee eddie 17:40 04 Mar 08

You appear to have made some sensible choices.

There are endless arguments here about which Free AV and Fire Wall are best. It's a bit like the Clergy arguing about "The number of Angels that can stand on the point of a needle."

woodchip 17:48 04 Mar 08

I have Free AVG on this HP Laptop, but think Avast better on my Desktop. It's a lot faster

helpmeplease. 18:16 04 Mar 08

Thanks for all your help.
Think I will stick with AVG free for now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…