Free antivirus plus firewall.

tonyq 11:24 23 May 12

Hi all, 12 months ago I bought a new PC (Windows 7 64bit)which Included free Bullguard security for 12months which by the way as been fine,which I think is about £44 for the next year. I am now looking for a free security and was thinking of Avast which I have used in the past or maybe Microsoft Security Essentials.Is the Windows 7 firewall good enough to use? your thoughts please.

onthelimit1 11:35 23 May 12

I've been running MSE, windows firewall (plus the router built-in firewall) for years with no probs. If you search, there are loads of threads on this already.

birdface 11:37 23 May 12

Hi.Windows firewall should be Ok and either choice of Anti-Virus would be good enough.I would still pay for an anti-malware program that gives you full time protection.

Malwarebytes pro is about the cheapest and is a one off payment.Make sure you download the proper removal tool for Bullguard if there is one.

SB23 19:59 23 May 12

I'm using Avast and Zonealarm as my firewall, but if your interested Zonealarm is now offering their own combined Antivirus/Firewall for free. Don't know much about it, but I keep getting ZA popups telling me.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date and features: Google Allo is…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…