Free antivirus plus firewall.

tonyq 11:24 AM 23 May 12

Hi all, 12 months ago I bought a new PC (Windows 7 64bit)which Included free Bullguard security for 12months which by the way as been fine,which I think is about £44 for the next year. I am now looking for a free security and was thinking of Avast which I have used in the past or maybe Microsoft Security Essentials.Is the Windows 7 firewall good enough to use? your thoughts please.

onthelimit1 11:35 AM 23 May 12

I've been running MSE, windows firewall (plus the router built-in firewall) for years with no probs. If you search, there are loads of threads on this already.

birdface 11:37 AM 23 May 12

Hi.Windows firewall should be Ok and either choice of Anti-Virus would be good enough.I would still pay for an anti-malware program that gives you full time protection.

Malwarebytes pro is about the cheapest and is a one off payment.Make sure you download the proper removal tool for Bullguard if there is one.

SB23 19:59 PM 23 May 12

I'm using Avast and Zonealarm as my firewall, but if your interested Zonealarm is now offering their own combined Antivirus/Firewall for free. Don't know much about it, but I keep getting ZA popups telling me.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

14 best budget laptops of 2015: best budget laptops reviews - best cheap laptops - best bargain…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Animated film of Raymond Briggs' Ethel and Ernest ramps up production

From Antennagate to Yellowgate: The 10 worst Apple scandals (and why they were blown out of proport)…