Free Antivirus any good?

QUADDRA 22:16 18 Apr 04

Which antivirus solution for XP home?

AVG or AVAST or ?

Totally-braindead 22:18 18 Apr 04

I use Norton but many on this forum use both the products you mention and swear by them.

QUADDRA 22:40 18 Apr 04

If I was a very bad person and producer of antivirus software £30 £40 a go.
I like the look of that new Ferrari and the wife is pushing me for that …..everything.
What do I need to boost my income - more sales of my antivirus software.
What does my antivirus product feed on? Viruses.
So we feed them viruses…

I no it will never be proven and I am very wrong.

Am I barking up the wrong tree or does anyone else think this way?

This is why I subscribe to the idea of free antivirus software.
But which one?

keith-236785 23:34 18 Apr 04

QUADDRA, one of lifes unsolved mysteries, like why do Estate agents also value the houses they sell (at a nice %profit), does it make you wonder why they have gone up so much lately, are we all in such a rush to pay 40% more than we did last year for the same building, I don't think so but i might just be scepticle.

it does seem that since the boom in home computing about three years ago, virus's have risen so much in line with Anti Virus Software prices (a good reason why i use AVG) just my personal preference, Avast is also a very good and reccomended anti-virus product, try them both (one at a time though) and choose which one you feel most comfortable with.

GANDALF <|:-)> 23:45 18 Apr 04

I cannot see any reason to pay for an AV.

G

QUADDRA 23:48 18 Apr 04

Which AV do you use?

johnnyrocker 23:51 18 Apr 04

avg prob solved nuff sed;)

johnny.

Belatucadrus 00:21 19 Apr 04

avast! 4, but it's a personal preference, nowt wrong with AVG.

johnnyrocker 00:23 19 Apr 04

indeedy guv;)

johnny.

GANDALF <|:-)> 00:38 19 Apr 04

AVG but they are all much of a muchness. I only chose it because it was the first free one that I stumbled on about 4 years ago after Norton was causing a few problems on W98SE......no viruses on my computers ;-))))

G

GANDALF <|:-)> 00:39 19 Apr 04

..I'm using XP and 98SE now.

G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…