free anti virus

Petesilver 19:00 27 Jun 08

any guidance on which one to chose as i have been having problems with AVG

chub_tor 19:03 27 Jun 08

I've just switched from AVG to AVast click here so far I like it but the male voice announcing the updates makes me jump every time!

Halmer 19:12 27 Jun 08

You can disable the sounds if you want to (sorry if you knew).

Petesilver 19:16 27 Jun 08

have you had any probs with it ??

avg mucks up my wireless connection

isca2 19:29 27 Jun 08

I have dumped AVG for Avast and so far, so good. I have disabled the sound so that I don't get that awful American voice announcing updates.

MarvintheAndroid 23:26 27 Jun 08

I have used Avast for several years and so far no problem - you just need to re-register every 12 months. It is only free for home use.

Marv.

handful 10:46 28 Jun 08

I have gone from AVG (dishard user until V8) to Avast and I think it is far superior. No problems at all.

provider 2 11:16 28 Jun 08

Shame about the voice, but never mind:

click here

birdface 12:27 28 Jun 08

Looks like everyone is moving from AVG to Avast.I have an oldish computer and tried avast before and was not impressed.Maybe more modern computers can cope better.Looks like I am in the minority.There have been some good reports about Avira Anti-virus so I may try that next .Because I am a bit low on memory I find that both those programs hog my CPU so the fault is with my computer and not with the programs.

Petesilver 16:17 30 Jun 08

thanks for all your help, have installed Avast as so far I am very happy with it and having no problems I can see.........................

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now