free anti-virus

paybarforme 09:56 07 Jun 08

Hi, iv,e recently tried to install the free avg, avast and one called avira free antivirus but when it comes to updating nothing happens to all of them even though my connection is fine, so it says they are outdated, i got the avg off it,s own site which it then took me to download.com, which is where i got the others, can you help ?

Halmer 09:59 07 Jun 08

p?

Technotiger 10:00 07 Jun 08

Never use two anti-virus on one PC!!!

Technotiger 10:01 07 Jun 08
  paybarforme 10:01 07 Jun 08

yes i have the windows xp firewall, would i need to turn this off some how to update ?

Halmer 10:02 07 Jun 08

Just wondered if you used a third party one such as Zone Alarm.

Halmer 10:05 07 Jun 08

got AVG loaded now.

What happens when you right click on the icon in the taskbar and 'Update Now'?

Technotiger 10:06 07 Jun 08

If you use a third-party Firewall, it will automatically turn off the Windows firewall, unless you are using Vista, in which case the Vista firewall is ok and you should not need another one. Some Routers have a built-in firewall, known as a Hardware Firewall and it is ok to run one other Software firewall, like Vista's own or another third-party firewall as well as the one built-in to the Router.

Technotiger 10:07 07 Jun 08

Get rid of the second and third Anti-virus programs - that is most definitely an immediate requirement before you do anything else.

Technotiger 10:08 07 Jun 08

My link at 10.01 above should answer ALL your questions.

Halmer 10:11 07 Jun 08

Go to tools at the top then Advances Settings then Update at the bottom then URL

Make sure there is a tick in the box and it should read click here etc etc

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…