free android phone navigator available

sunnystaines 09:26 20 Apr 12

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/mapFactor-Release-Free-Navigator-For-Android--703.php

looks good

mapFactor Navigator The number 1 free offline navigation of the whole world comes to Android. MapFactor Navigator is a free turn-by-turn GPS navigation app for Android phones and tablets using OpenStreetMaps data. Maps are installed on the SD card so there is no need for an Internet connection when traveling. Map and app updates are FREE every month.

MapFactor also makes the popular NavigatorFREE for PC, Pocket PC and WinCE.

OpenStreetMap is a collaborative project to create a free editable map of the world. For more information see www.openstreetmap.org

Voice guidance ?* intuitive voice navigation in different languages ?* door to door route planning ?* cross-border routing without the need to switch between countries or to a less detailed map ? * overview of the upcoming manoeuvre and distance shown on the screen

GPS satellite navigation ?* 2D/3D mode allows realistic visual map display ? * day/night modes switch colour schemes for day or night time driving ?* map rotates in driving direction, or north up

Searching ? * find nearest points of interest ? * postcodes ? * full GB postcodes (1.8 million)

Speed cameras ?* hear audible warnings as you approach speed cameras

Features ? * add your own favourite locations and routes ? * routing modes for car, pedestrian, truck ? * route avoidance - block off certain road from your route

birdface 09:36 20 Apr 12

Could have used something like that when I was a courier driver it must have cost me a fortune buying maps.

I did notice it was a beta version I wonder it they will charge for the full version when it comes out.

KRONOS the First 09:54 20 Apr 12

*buteman *

I have been a courier driver and a delivery driver and my patch was the borders of Scotland from Edinburgh to Berwick upon Tweed in the east to Langholm in the West and all parts in-between. I always used maps and knew the routes/shortcuts better than any sat-nav. The younger guys who always relied on these gadgets when doing my round did not come close to completing it in a day. Even though I have a sat-nav in the car I still use a map.

sunnystaines 09:57 20 Apr 12

buteman i too hope it stays free after the beta

birdface 10:12 20 Apr 12

Chronus

My area was anywhere in the UK or Europe.As I did not have a passport that ruled Europe out.

Long old haul from Northants to Aberdeen and Elgin and back in a small van. And they wanted you back the same day if possible.

I had an old CB Radio that I used for most of my directions which was a great help.

The only places that I had problems getting directions was Aberdeen.Liverpool and Birmingham.

Not that I could not get directions I just could not understand their accents.

I ended up getting a TOM Tom Navigation on my mobile phone which came in handy for places that I did not have a map for but that was near the end of my driving career as a racing driver.Oops courier driver I meant.

birdface 10:20 20 Apr 12

sunnystaines

It will not make much difference to me, I used to drive up to 2.000-3.000 miles a week and I am lucky if I do that in a year now.

I must admit it would have been great when I was a bit younger all this new technology came a bit to late for me.

morddwyd 10:20 20 Apr 12

Doesn't "Navigation" (pre-installed) do this?

Woolwell 13:48 20 Apr 12

morddwyd - exactly what I was thinking. What is different?

sunnystaines 16:31 20 Apr 12

i thought it looked better plus had cameras,

lol buteman i thought by your name you lived on bute island in scotland.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…