Free advertising on my site.

Winston Churchill 17:15 26 Jul 03

Could someone plese construct a advert for me for there advert that can pop up on my website (click here)and be displayed to my fellow students some time in september?

Here is some more info, the age group the advert will be aimed at is about 15 years old and can be about anything apropriate.

graham√ 17:56 26 Jul 03

Good looking site, spoilt only by long sentences, spelling mistakes and punctuation. Could do better! :-)

Winston Churchill 18:38 26 Jul 03

Ok, the spellign msitakes are gonna be rectified, but how could I word it beter?

Winston Churchill 18:40 26 Jul 03

So does anyone want to advertise something to do with tem for free or not?

slowhand_1000 20:00 26 Jul 03

Agree with graham√ re: looks and grammer.

You also seem to have problems with the links on some of your navigation buttons which need fixing. Clicking the Home page button results in 'This page cannot be found' with other buttons not working. Also none of the navigation buttons work on the Articles page.

graham√ 20:33 26 Jul 03

Winnie, have a little patience! You only posted three hours ago, to a limited readership. When you get to college/uni, put up posters there, too.

As for the grammar, etc., that really is down to you. You could get someone to write it for you, but then it wouldn't be yours, would it? Perhaps if you printed it off and got it proof-read, you could learn as you go.

Grammar and spelling errors tend to be more obvious on-screen, so it is worth the effort to get it right.

Forum Editor 22:51 26 Jul 03

a potentially good site is somewhat spoilt by bad grammar and many spelling errors. Why don't you run the text through a spell-checker before uploading it?

Most of the navigation seems to be non-functional, so there's a fair bit of work still to do by the look of it.

You are not likely to attract an advertiser (free or not) unless you can show a site that works. My advice is that you settle down to some serious text editing, and add some images to liven things up.

Winston Churchill 10:43 27 Jul 03

Thanks for that, now I don't know I may post this in the help room, but I only use notepad, is there a spellchecker I could get? (I am 14 now and don't have that good a income, I don't have any office suites and I am on a 56kbs connection)

Thanks for the input. I will sort out all the links today, I did not realise they did not work. (I had them linking to files on my computer)

Thanks for all of that.

Winston Churchill 10:45 27 Jul 03

Oh and I am not sure but I think that you are reading my strange post worng I want a advert form one of your sites on MY SITE, it is for a research thing, I was just asked to do it over the holidays by a load of friends, cause we have to next year put a presentation on about a website with adverts. (see my foreward thinking, this is free advertising for YOUR site, but I can see why you do not want associate with my one :-{ )

graham√ 11:22 27 Jul 03

Did you get my Email?

Advertise my site if you want! click here

Taran 11:23 27 Jul 03

With respect, you say that you are only using Notepad but your source code indicates that Adobe GoLive has been used to generate the page.

The link buttons have pop up tooltip text that say link_1 link_2 etc,. I'd suggest that you alter this to either nothing at all or include a short explanation of where each link will take you.

To make sure your files link properly, make one website root folder that will hold every file to do with the site. Alter the links to point to the files in the root folder then upload all files in that folder to your web server. This might also cure all the image swapping effects you've got going on in there since the links at the moment don't seem to know where to find the images to swap out to.

Your main CSS file is in your C:/Documents and Settings/Thomas Lamb/Application Data/Adobe/Adobe GoLive/Settings/JScripts/GlobalScripts folder (which also indicates that you're using either Windows 2000 or XP). This should be altered to point to the copy of that file on your web server.

Adobe GoLive, incidentally, features a spellchecker. You can launch it from the Edit menu. It also features its own root folder system and hyperlink/file link management where you can verify that your site and files will work prior to upload which, happily, is also a built in feature.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…