Fraudulent Emails.

Meshuga 08:12 19 Oct 04

Please be aware that there are emails being sent supposedly from Citibank saying that the system is being upgraded and for you to confirm your account details otherwise you will have difficulty accessing your account. These are Bogus emails. I know this has had publicity in the past but there may be new members who do not know. I don`t even bank with Citibank but I have checked with them and they confirmed that they never email customers in this way. Meshuga.

Andsome 08:29 19 Oct 04

Good post this one. It should be noted that NO such organisation will ever send this sort of e-mail out. If you so much as click onto the link that they provide, to have a look at their sham website, you can download an infection. If there are any queries on any of your accounts, you will find out when you enter the URL yourself and visit the site voluntarily, then and only then will you be informed if there is a problem with your account.

Meshuga 08:33 19 Oct 04

I had one on Sunday, hence the advice. Meshuga.

spuds 10:44 19 Oct 04

I get these on a regular basis, especially from companies that I have no dealings with, so I know from the start that they are very suspect. Here's a site worthy of a browse click here

Legolas 10:49 19 Oct 04

I have had some in the last day or two. They can look quite professional and if I was,nt an experienced internet user it would be quite easy to fall for them. What lets them down is the grammer and phrasing, things like 'we would like that you update your bank details' and as said banks will never sent out emails of this kind.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…