Fraud

eccy92 19:54 27 Jan 07

Today I checked my online bank account and found that someone as bought a digital camera worth £850 from tescos direct using my credit card details. The person simply ordered it online then had the cheek to go and collect it from the store. I have phoned tescos and the bank who said they are looking into the matter. I never use this credit to buy things in the shop only buy things online from secure sites any ideas how I can prevent this from happening again I have been buying things online for ages now but have lost all confidence in it thanks David

Graham. 20:01 27 Jan 07

This is becoming more common. Someone has got access to your card details. Do you shred your statements, or just put them in the bin?

eccy92 20:16 27 Jan 07

I don't have statements sent through the post now I signed up for online documents I can't believe that someone just walked into the shop and collected it it sounds to easy. I just can't understand how they got the credit details they also new my tesco online details as the item was in my history as being bought and collected

Graham. 20:41 27 Jan 07

Do you have a wireless network?

eccy92 20:52 27 Jan 07

yes I use a router if I remember I secure it sometimes I do forget though. I thought it only had a limited range can some one get your details from this then

postie24 20:57 27 Jan 07

Yes a keylogger can get your details.Secure your network with wpa encryption

Postie24

eccy92 21:26 27 Jan 07

thanks I will try and remember to do that everytime

Diversion 21:48 27 Jan 07

I've heard that a person sat outside your home with a laptop can tap into a wireless internet connection when you go online, just how true this is I couldn't say.

Jak_1 21:51 27 Jan 07

Have you given the police all the details of the fraud also?
This is one reason why I do not have wifi conections, even then all personal data is encrypted using PGP. Regular av and antispy scans are a must, i do them daily sometimes antispy twice whilst online. A good firewall should stop keylogger trojans from contacting their master, windows firewall does not do this.

postie24 21:59 27 Jan 07

Diversion,yes its true,but to steal your details certain software is required to do this

Postie24

Diversion 22:13 27 Jan 07

Subseven would do this, with that program one can do anything one wants with someone elses computer including following the user onto his own secure bank website and it logs all the details from the page visited.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…