h04x 21:59 20 Aug 03

my paypal account has jus made a payment of £1100 to a guy that i did not authorise, he tried for £1900 but it declined his amount, he then tried for £1100 and got it 2 mins later, i jus recieved a e-mail saying that it had bn paid, i phoned my credit card company up and they have said that the money is gone and have frozen the account, they say they can start investigations till monday because the need to wait for the transaction to get to a certain stage, he left a little message, "thanks alot", which really got to me, how could he manage this, i thought i had to authorise the transfer of money and wat are the chances of me getting my money back? any help would b much appreciated as usual

Jester2K II 22:03 20 Aug 03

Is your name a give away?

Why was the £1900 turned down.

Have you got up to date Anti Virus. Sure you don't have a key logger / trojan on your PC that could allow someone to get your passwords etc...

Bodi 22:04 20 Aug 03

but what is a "paypal account"?

I do hope you get your money back and someone can trace the fraudster.

h04x 22:08 20 Aug 03

he never went into the account and paid money, the money was jus taken out cause it was unverified but the money still went, is well wierd, i dont know why it was declined but im glad it was, cause he went lower, even if it was jus fluke that it refused it, i guess i jus have to look at it as it was only £1100 not £11000, i dont think he would b stupid enough to use his real bank account, so im guessing it was a fake account or in a false name, can it not b traced where he withdrew the money and get the cctv footage of him

The Sack 22:08 20 Aug 03

Paypal click here :-)

simongy 22:10 20 Aug 03

What is paypal?? I never leave personal details on my hard-drive!! I thought payments etc are protected by 128bit security!!

h04x 22:10 20 Aug 03

a paypal account is like no chex, u put ur credit card setails in and u can buy things out of like e-bay ect, it is MENT to be safer than a normal account, but jus goes to show it aint,
click here

h04x 22:13 20 Aug 03

they are, it jus goes to show nothing safe, well it is a hard learnt lesson, dont think i will be putting my credit card details into the net again, can anyone give me an idea if i will get the money back cause im panicing cause i really need the money, bad financial situation

simongy 22:13 20 Aug 03

thks sack: just read your link. Are the subscribers to pcadvisor from all over the world? I thought it was primarly a uk site.

h04x 22:14 20 Aug 03

my name h04x is not a give away, it is wat i have used for ages, view my past posts, i have been on hear for months, allways after help and allways willing to lend sum when i can

Kitz E Kat 22:15 20 Aug 03

I thought April Fools Day was in April not in August. Get of the Stage Hoax

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…