Fraps help please

Hi

I use Fraps and have lastest version 3.1.1

paid version.

I wamt to record more then 10 mins at a time so 15 mins why does it make 15 small video files of 1 min each?

Why not 1 big file?

I have a 1.5 TB drive so size dont matter

Am i doing something wrong or that normal?

Thank you

User-312386 20:50 13 Feb 10

When i used to use FRAPS it was the norm, however, it always did 1 min at a time so as to not hog the resourses - you think about it, if the file size started to get massive it would also how all the system resourses as well of course first buffering into the RAM!

User-312386 20:51 13 Feb 10

how = slow

so u saying just edit them togeather right?

if yes

least i no as ih ave all the editting crap lol

User-312386 22:44 15 Feb 10

Yes just edit them together - also back in the old days, a small file now was a huge file and if say an admin wanted to see the file if you were recording a game play and say someone cheated you could then send the small file by email which you had recorded!

woodchip 23:06 15 Feb 10

Is the Drive Fat32, If it is this will reduce the file size that can be saved. It needs to be NTFS for Video

woodchip 23:08 15 Feb 10

If its Fat32 the drive may be lots of partitions. right click drive then properties to find out

Its NTFS not used Fat32 since win 95 now on Win 7 - 64bit

I just edit the files and edit out what i dont want thanks to all of you for help.

This forum has never let me down thanks all

Snec 16:23 16 Feb 10

Strange! Mine records in just the one file.

Snec 16:26 16 Feb 10

Which, btw, was the reason for having the paid for version.

If you have downloaded the latest version from an alternative source, say file hippo, this could be your problem. I did that once and had to reinstall the original.

I got it from makers site and you have to enter a password etc to get to members area to get paid version.. I have the lastest version 3.1.1

I e-mailed them

They say it could be my drivers for MB chipset or video drivers well have lastest video divers for my Geforce 260..

Chipset for MB is out of date by a few months so updating them now drivers downloading should the reall make much difference?? Plus they say in e-mail if pc is overclocked which mine is intel Q66800 running from 2.4 to 3.5 mhz ... Would an OC make any difference they say but it back to normal speed the pc if overclocked lol. I thought OC is ment to improve things seems daft to go backwards...

Once again thank you all for replies

Still not sorted sadly off to try driver updates

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…