frames/iframes - query

mco 19:39 06 Oct 06

Don't know about either (except that frames are a no-no) I just wondered if this was the right line of thinking. This is a query relating to something I'm meant to be doing at work. Suppose I want to open up a pdf file on a webpage but don't want to lose the nav bar (so I can't open it up as a new window, cos you'd then have to hit X to close it; nor can I do it as another page cos you'd have to hit the back button) What is the best way to do it, please?

ade.h 20:13 06 Oct 06

Hi mco. It should be achievable since PDFs can be opened in a browser window/tab, but I have never seen it done. Frames are so rare these days. If you can work out frames - I'll have to leave that to you! - then opening the PDF in an existing frame should be as easy as pie.

mco 20:30 06 Oct 06

I know how to do it in frames, but I also know they are not considered best practice, so wondered if there was a better way.

ade.h 21:39 06 Oct 06

I think frames would be the only way to keep the navigation in the same tab or window.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

VFX Oscar nominees 2017: Discover how the visual effects were created

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…