Frames in Frontpage 2000

murgle 19:24 02 Nov 03

I am currently building a Website using frontpage 2000. I have a 1&1 eshop which I would like to try and integrate in to my Website. What I would like to do in use a frame page which has 5 frames, e.g. header, footer, left margin and right margine and the centre one to show the shop content. Is it possible to do this as I have been unable to locate such a frame template in Frontpage or on the Web.

Thanks for your help.

Taran 21:22 02 Nov 03

As you have found, FrontPage does not have this frames template built in. Its nearest equivalent is the Header, Footer and Contents frames template, which gives you a top, bottom, left and main window.

It's simple enough to create your own frameset though.

One point worth mentioning here before you go charging on in: if you have the top, bottom, left and right sections of your page occupied, the centre window may be a little small and cramped to fit much in for an e-shop. Just a thought.

There's a nice walk through click here on creating or editing a frameset to your own requirements, but effectively if you choose the Header, Footer and Contents frame template from the File, New, Page menu, click in the main frame window to select it, then click on Frame (top toolbar) then select split. Choose columns and not rows, then drag the frame elements to the size you want.

If you come unstuck, post again, but it's really very simple and the above link explains it far more visually than I have in here.

Hope this helps.

murgle 21:26 02 Nov 03

Thanks for your time Taran, I'll give it a try. Will let you know how I get on.

murgle 21:39 02 Nov 03

It worked a treat, thanks very much.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event as it happened | Apple October Event live blog: Apple unveils new MacBook Pro at…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Graeme Messer's exhibition aims to challenge fears and insecurities

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…