"framedyn.dll" not found...can't do System Restore

barnetbird 09:56 16 Sep 06

For some unknown reason, when I attempted to create a restore point the following message came up:-

rstrui.exe - Unable to Locate Component
This application has failed to start because framedyn.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.

Any help would be much appreciated!

johnnyrocker 09:58 16 Sep 06

if xp try sfc /scannow and have your disk ready to replace any corrupt/missing files.

johnny.

VoG II 10:07 16 Sep 06

and if that doesn't solve it click here

Gongoozler 10:08 16 Sep 06

Does this help click here;en-us;319114

Gongoozler 10:09 16 Sep 06

Too late - and my link didn't work as well as VoG™'s

barnetbird 11:08 16 Sep 06

I've tried the methods outlined on the link VoG provided; however, nothing worked.

Alas, I purchased my Dimension through Dell and wasn't provided with a disk for XP Home Edition. I was hoping I could resolve the issue without reverting to Dell, despite having an extended warranty.

Thanks for your help.

VoG II 11:15 16 Sep 06

You can try downloading it from click here

It needs to go in the c:\windows\system32\wbem folder.

barnetbird 11:43 16 Sep 06

With a little bit more tinkering, I've solved the problem. Although I couldn't find the framedyn.dll the first time I searched for it, I rebooted and tried again, locating it successfully! After copying it to system32, I'm happy to say everything is back to normal.

I can't imagine what happened to cause the problem in the first place as I've hardly used my PC in the last couple of days and only visited the same sites I normally do (no problem prior to then). But problem solved, end of!

Thanks again for your help; much appreciated!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…