Fr cry crash

SPARROW123 21:52 29 Mar 05

Anyone had any problems with far cry. When I finish level 14 the game tries to load the next level ( catacoombs ). As the load bar moves across the bottom of the screen, the game just crashes back to my desktop. I have tried to download the latest patch from ubisoft but when I open the patch on my desktop I receive an error message.
I have an FX55 processor, 1gig RAM, 300gig hard drive and NVidia GForce FX6800GT graphics card.

Is there any way I can manually load the next levels to bypass the crash.

Totally-braindead 22:12 29 Mar 05

Posting in someone elses thread then starting your own thread is bad manners as far as I'm concerned, you shouldn't hijack someone elses thread. Only suggestion I can offer on your problem as it happened to me with this game though I can't remember which level was to restart the level from the beginning then hopefully when completed it loaded the next level properly. Also have a look for the patch.

Starfox 22:13 29 Mar 05

There is a known confict with Far Cry and NVidia graphics cards click here for a direct link to the patches site.

click here to see the forum postings about Far Cry graphics problems.

slowtype 22:15 29 Mar 05

Rather than having to start all over again, press the space bar to skip the intro of the next scene. The same thing happens to me occasionally.
Also do you have the latest Nvidia drivers.

SPARROW123 22:26 29 Mar 05

Totally braindead, I didn't realise I had responded on someone elses thread, you really shouldn't assume things about people, that is bad manners ! I sent it by mistake which is why I opened up the question again under my name. Also, if you read my question more carefully you would have noticed that I tried the latest patch. Thanks anyway.

citadel 22:41 29 Mar 05

I have finised far cry using a 6800 and it ran without a hitch. You could uninstall and re-install, I do not know if you lose your saved games in far cry. I used 66.93 driver.

SPARROW123 22:47 29 Mar 05

Starfox, Slowtype and Citadel, thanks for the advice. I have tried to uninstall and reinstall the game with no success ( it gives you the option to keep the saved levels so I didn't have to restart the game from scratch). I will check my drivers are up to date and if not install 66.93 driver. I might also try to download the patch again.

Starfox 23:16 29 Mar 05

NVidia released a new set of drivers on the 17th March,have you got these?

SPARROW123 23:24 29 Mar 05

No I haven't got these drivers, I will download them and see if that sorts things out. It is frustrating as I was really getting into Far Cry. Hopefully the new drivers will do the trick. Cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…