FP 2003 mysteriously editing my site!

Revi 22:01 30 Dec 05

One of my websites built with FrontPage 2003 is in Swedish language. I had built the site with just a plain html> tag as the first line and I have done the same with several other sites without any problems so far. Very recently I have introduced an external CSS stylesheet into this Swedish site with the purpose of introducing several boxes with Z indexing. Now all of a sudden FP2003 has on its own (without any interference from my side) changed my first line html> tag to a very complicated and ununderstandable tag reading as follows: html xmlns:v="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" xmlns:o="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" xmlns="click here">. CAN ANYONE PLEASE EXPLAIN TO ME WHAT THIS IS? Thanks.

Revi 22:05 30 Dec 05

Regret the typos: "<" before each and every "html" has been left out!

Forum Editor 23:24 30 Dec 05

being Microsoft Office.

Paste the tag into Google, and see what happens. Go to any of the returned sites and right click in the page. Select 'view source' and there will be that tag.

Revi 07:20 31 Dec 05

Thanks FE! Can I not delete this complicated tag and replace it with a simple <html> tag as I had it initially? Prior to the above change the site was listed in all the search engines but now the site is listed nowhere and I have a hunch that the bots are not at all able to read the first line of my code.

Revi 13:29 02 Jan 06

^^ ^^

Forum Editor 13:40 02 Jan 06

you can.

Revi 10:03 03 Jan 06

Alas! It keeps returning every time I delete and restart my PC!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…