FP 2003 EXTENSIONS - COMPATABILITY

sodausa 13:26 11 Nov 06

Hosting with HEART INTERNET, but my site would not upload properly as I used Frontpage 2003 to design and IT NEEDS FP SERVER EXTENSIONS which I installed as per Hearts instructions....BUT they say they use FP 2000 exts as they are most common but that FP 2003 Exts are not backwards compatible....so all my link bars and buttons WILL NOT work...the whole site is ruined if that is the case. Any ideas to fix it???

Sodausa "in desperation" !!

Forum Editor 14:07 11 Nov 06

and I'm surprised that Heartinternet don't run the FrontPage 2002 extensions, which are compatible with FP 2003.

Microsoft is discontinuing FrontPage now - there'll be no further versions of it. The successor is a program called 'Expression Web Designer', which is based on Frontpage, but has greater capabilities. It's in the beta stage at the moment, but it's very good, and you can download a free trial (of the beta1 version) if you click here

I know that doesn't help you with your FP problem, but I can't suggest anything for that, other than revising your site so it doesn't use any of the special FP components like animated buttons etc. If you do that it will run perfectly.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now