Foxsat PVR recording puzzle

Pineman100 09:52 AM 11 Jun 11

I have a Humax Foxsat PVR on Freesat.

Last Thursday I set it to record the BBC drama 'The Shadow Line' on BBC HD. When I played this back, last night, it seems I've got a special version of the programme that includes voice-over descriptions of the action, for the blind.

I have no idea how I came to get this version - it hasn't happened with any other programmes that I've recorded, nor with previous recorded episodes of 'The Shadow Line'.

I wonder if anyone can please:-

1. Tell me whether it's possible to switch off this voice-over, in order to watch the recording without it.

2. Explain why I got this version.

3. Tell me how to avoid this happening again.

I'd be most grateful for any advice. Thank you.

Bee Jay S 11:38 AM 11 Jun 11

The same thing happened to me last week except it was Case Histories. If you go into Menu - settings - language - Audio description - select disable. This turns the audio description off. However I only found this after the programme finished, so I don't know if it works while the recording is playing. As to why it did this I have no idea!

Pineman100 11:57 AM 11 Jun 11

Thanks very much Bee Jay S. I'll check that setting, and see whether I can play the recording without the voice-over.

I'll come back and let you know.

Thanks again.

Pineman100 12:11 PM 11 Jun 11

Well - funny thing. Audio Description is already disabled. I tried enabling it, then disabling again, then I tried playing the recording again. No change.

So I can only assume that this was a glitch either in the transmission or the recording, which - as it's "fixed" on the hard drive - I can't do anything about.

So I think I'll download the episode from the BBC iPlayer.

Many thanks for your advice on this, Bee Jay S.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Rugby World Cup 2015 online: Watch live, catch up on-demand & stream the 2015 Rugby…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to watch Adobe Max 2015: See Adobe unveil new Creative Cloud features for Photoshop,…

Live Photo tips: How to take Live Photos on the iPhone 6s, how to view, share, edit and find Live…