Foxit wants to install a toolbar

six-h 22:57 21 Mar 09

Just installing Foxit free on my laptop, and it wants to install their toolbar, I don't like all these bolt on bits, anyone recon I'll be missing much without it?
They do warn of features I'll not have, but I don't understand what they do anyway!
Can anyone explain?

mrwoowoo 23:35 21 Mar 09

You'll lose nothing by not installing their toolbar.
If we installed all the toolbars that came with various software we would have no room left on screen.
Does anyone bother with them?

rdave13 23:39 21 Mar 09

Here's a nifty program if you lumber yourself with an unwanted toolbar; click here
So long as you disable the toolbar first it will get rid of it. Should work in Vista I think.

six-h 23:43 21 Mar 09

Thank you mrwoowoo, I thought maybe I was just a cynical old git!
Now, I know I'm just an old git, I'll decline the offer!!
It's just that some times you'd like to be able to copy and paste from a PDF, but sadly not, at least not for free!

six-h 23:45 21 Mar 09

Thanks rdave13, handy little tool for the arsenal!

VoG II 23:55 21 Mar 09

Hey! I'm the old git on here, thank you very much! :o)

AL47 23:57 21 Mar 09

i use firefoxes little multi tool search box
i used to have 2 separate 3rd party tool bars, all i wanted was the particular search box

Stuartli 00:39 22 Mar 09

You can copy and paste using Foxit Reader 3.0. See:

click here

Year's free licence.

There's also Foxit Reader Editor:

click here

six-h 00:54 22 Mar 09

Hi VoG™,
I always used to think that stood for "Voice of God"...especially with your expertise in Excel!!lol

six-h 01:09 22 Mar 09

Hi Stuartli, I read the page you link to before I downloaded the programme, but must admit it was as clear as mud!
Besides, I hate those twiddly bits that they offer, they're like time limited demos.
All I want is a PDF reader, ideally with the facility to copy and paste the text into Word or Notepad, sadly it's not to be!

six-h 16:30 22 Mar 09

Just a final update onmy Foxit woes!
Playing with both ver 2.3 (on my PC) and ver 3.0 (on my laptop) I find that I can copy and paste using both.

Turns out the document I was unable to do this with was copyright protected!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…