foward date on computer

boybrown 07:28 12 Nov 04

Hi folks,

After a nice long (ish) period of stability on the computer I have inadvertantly knackered my technical peaceful haven! Having checked out what date my birthday falls on in years to come (I know, but I was bored) using my system date/time my licenced version of Style XP went barmy! It would not accept my licence key as it said I had changed the system date forward (despite me having put the date back after discovering my birthday in 2024 falls on a Friday for those who are interested!). I have tried to uninstall and reinstall with my licence key which should be still be valid as it's a one off payment for shareware with no luck.

Any ideas folks? I know it's on;y a small issue but I liked how I had my computer set up! :o)

Diodorus Siculus 08:04 12 Nov 04

Two options:

a - run regedit and remove all traces of StyleXP from the registry - neither easy nor guaranteed to work.

b - reinstall Windows from clean - but may be overkill.

Have you tried to contact the manufacturer?

boybrown 08:12 12 Nov 04

Cheers for the suggestions. Have tried regedit option with no luck. Reinstall may be an option but would only like to do in an extreme circumstance. I'm going to contact the manufacturer and see what they come up with

cheers

Diodorus Siculus 08:15 12 Nov 04

Yes, it is extreme...

HAve you tried the system restore by the way?

boybrown 08:24 12 Nov 04

Unfortunately after installing SP2 my system restore nasn't worked so that wasn't an option that was available!

Sethhaniel 08:28 12 Nov 04

and last good configuration (or whatever)
an option ??

boybrown 14:41 29 Dec 04

Cheers folks,

In the end I emailed the company and they sent me a crack over rather than having to get a new subscription. They were really helpful!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…