found trojan

grizzley 14:37 15 Jul 07

can somebody please advise me if my cyberdefenderfree 2.0 which is an early warning software against threats is giving false warnings and deleting found threat without asking. reason for asking i have tried to download software to boost my internet connection using something called fullspeed which it says can give a 500% boost, try before you buy item but when i downloaded it from Cnet and as it was being installed my anti-virus software activated and said it had found a trojan and had deleted said file. trojan named as Troj_Startpa.DA. files involved are c:\documents and settings\andrew adams\local settings\temporary internet files\ content.ie5\L106989Q\fullspeed [1].zip contacted company who distribute this software and they say they have not found any viruses etc when they checked using trendmicro. if this is an imaginary threat then why did it delete it. any ideas welcome
the archive is either in unknown format or damaged.also C:\downloads\programmes\fullspeed.exe.ldaf
contacted company who distribute this softwa

skidzy 14:48 15 Jul 07

I would be a bit cautious of this program !

Ive never heard of it to date and Spfpedia says its Adware loaded.
click here

This alone providing banners and ads is enough for me to advise removing it.

johndrew 14:49 15 Jul 07

Appears real enough click here and click here. If you are concerned go for a free scan such as click here.

You could try an alternate site for the download but Cnet do have a good rating click here

VoG II 14:49 15 Jul 07

Me too click here

skidzy 14:50 15 Jul 07

Should have read Softpedia !

johndrew 14:52 15 Jul 07

Didn`t pick that up. Tends to confirm the reason for the trojan though.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5