Found iPhone in street - how to return to owner

CLONNEN 11:11 25 Jun 09

My 10 year-old sister found an iPhone with a pink cover on top of a wooden post in a nearby road. There was no-one outside in the street or in any of the gardens so she picked it up and brought it home.

We have tried taking the cover off it and searching the backside for any name or address info but it doesn't have any labels or engraving anywhere on it.

Is there any way of tracing the owner so we can give it back to them?

I am Spartacus 11:26 25 Jun 09

Dial a contact. Main contacts may be identified with 'ICE' in the name.

Poitier 11:30 25 Jun 09

Hi,
You need to take it to a Police Station. If it is not claimed within 3 months it becomes yours. If you do not I believe it can be considered steaing by finding.

GANDALF <|:-)> 12:13 25 Jun 09

Why not ring a number from the contacts and ask them whose phone it is?

G

wee eddie 12:35 25 Jun 09

I phoned "Mum"

I usually see them before the customer is out of sight, but this one had slid down beside the seat and I did not find until I was clearing out, the following day.

CLONNEN 13:07 25 Jun 09

We have tried pressing the icon marked Contacts but a blank page comes up. Does this mean no contacts have been programmed into the phone?

Is there a website anywhere that gives information on the procedure for handing in at a police station? Does it have to be done by someone over 18 or can my sister hand it in herself?

Is there nothing in the call log? Or SMS inbox? I would be very surprised.

Also, are you sure it is an iPhone and not an iPod Touch?

You could also try calling O2 by dialling 202 from it. At least they will have the name and address of the owner, and possibly an alternative contact number.

Graphicool1 13:30 25 Jun 09

"At least they will have the name and address of the owner, and possibly an alternative contact number."
But with data protection will they give that information out, over the phone, to someone they don't know?

Technotiger 13:48 25 Jun 09

Why all the caffuffle, just take it to your nearest Police Station - age, as mentioned earlier, has nothing to do with it!

Technotiger 13:51 25 Jun 09

PS - whoever takes it to the police station, should expect to be given a receipt for it!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac