This Forum's Search commands, syntax, etc

Danoh 20:27 20 Sep 04

Bit of a catch-22.

I've tried to see if there has been earlier postings looking for the operands, etc., which this forum site uses for more extensive Boolean-type searching, but could not find any; e.g. AND OR NOT + > etc.

Would appreciate anyone providing me with a link to an existing thread or just a response.

Many thanks in anticipation.

stalion 20:51 20 Sep 04

just enter key words for the subject you are looking for

Graham ® 21:04 20 Sep 04

They no longer do that kind of search.

javaBalls 21:29 20 Sep 04

I found that I don't get very good results from the search tool either. It seems to be when I use operands.

I perfered the old search menu.

Danoh 23:44 20 Sep 04

Single keywords works but throws up far too many results. I've tried entering multiple keywords but its not that refined in what it returns. I tried common Boolean-type syntax but they just fail.

The old search did offer more "advanced" search options; why was it dropped, Mr F.E.?

Danoh 22:32 21 Sep 04

refresh (bump to the top)

Danoh 00:11 24 Sep 04

I'll leave it until the weekend and if there are no better search facility then I will just have to leave this as unresolved and unticked.

P/S

I meant Boolean operators rather than operands in my early posting.

Danoh 00:46 24 Sep 04

The Boolean operators should be resolved automatically into what we see on the pathname/address field. But they do not seem to be. It might be possible to type in the resolved search string but hardly something that every forum user should know how to do?

Danoh 00:34 26 Sep 04

Have emailed the F.E. but no response so far.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…