blurdevil 14:56 11 May 04

hie guyz...erm i dunno i post the correct site or not ?

i wanted to do a forum like friendster ! anyone can gimme a link or tips on how to make the forum ?

any coding is acceptable !

thankz ^^

Taran 15:16 11 May 04

According to Friendster, you can sign up with them and create your own little community with your freinds, but if that's not what you want and if you would prefer to run a forum yourself, try these links:

phpBB click here

Invision Power Board click here

YabbSE click here

YaBB click here

The first three run using PHP and require MySQL on your web host. The last one runs using Perl and so requires Perl and MySQL support from yuor web host.

Taran 15:17 11 May 04

I should have added that you could always just create a user group with MSN or Yahoo. This means only you and your friends who register for the group can access it, and it will take almost no setting up.

The packages I've linked to above all require various amounts of fiddling and also need certain features from your web host. 22:51 11 May 04

click here ? You dont even need your own webspace.

blurdevil 12:41 13 May 04

hmm...okie .. i got my own server to host the forum..but i need some webbie to teach me up on designning the forum and host on my own server lor ^^

anyway.thankz for the links..i checking on those links !

jgosden 20:40 13 May 04

despite the fact the YaBB dosn't use Mysql it is asctully very good and I have been very pleased with it, i reccomend yabb click here

Taran 21:39 13 May 04

All of the forum programs mentioned above (phpBB, Invision Power Board, YabbSE, YaBB) have comprehensive, step-by-step installation instructions.

They also all feature an active support forum for anyone experiencing problems, so I suggest that to begin with you look at the support section of the various sites you have the links for.

It is impossible to give you step-by-step instructions in here since every product is different to install and configure.

If you get stuck and have specific questions then feel free to ask them, but nobody here will be able to give you a start to finish tutorial on building a site from scratch and including a configured, third party forum application.

Forum Editor 00:08 14 May 04

we can't provide complete tutorials here, and in any case you shouldn't need one. There's more to running a successful web forum than you might think, and part of it is knowing what the software can and can't do. Before you launch your new forum I suggest that you spend a few days/weeks getting to grips with your chosen forum program - then set it up on your server space and thoroughly test it.

After that you'll be ready for the world to beat a path to your virtual door.

blurdevil 12:46 14 May 04

hmm...thankz a lot guyz...
anytime i face problem i will post up here lar...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…