Forum loading speed

Forum Editor 19:08 27 Oct 05

How do you find the loading speed with the new look? Are pages being served faster than a fast thing from a fast shop, or slower than before, or about the same?

Djohn 19:11 27 Oct 05

Faster than a fast thing from a fast shop over here from a less than fast typer!

GaT7 19:11 27 Oct 05

The loading speed is excellent - much faster than before I'd say. Thanks FE : ) G

PaulB2005 19:11 27 Oct 05

V fast.

PaulB2005 19:12 27 Oct 05

Search facility is much much faster....

LivEviL 19:12 27 Oct 05

nice and quick! cheers!just the answers to help topics arnt being answered the same!

octal 19:14 27 Oct 05

It seems to be about the same, that's to say its been loading pretty fast the last couple of months anyway, the only page that isn't is my postings which is taking an age, but I suppose that something to do with loading the database.

Congrats on the new look.

Methedrine 19:14 27 Oct 05

Ooooh! It's lovely innit?

ade.h 19:16 27 Oct 05

I switched to using Opera for PCA recently, having had very slow loading times in Firefox. The speed increase, particularly for My Postings, was huge. However, it has slowed down today, though that might be coincidental.

sidecar sid 19:16 27 Oct 05

The forums are faster than teflon coated goose waste.

Your postings are slower than a slow thing from a slow shop.

TonyV 19:17 27 Oct 05

It was very slow to make a post for me earlier and My Postings seems very slow. Search this at about 5:00pm was very slow, but has now picked up. The appearance is good though! I will see how long it takes to post this message and come back.

TonyV

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…