Forum links viewed in Opera open in same tab

ade.h 19:36 27 Oct 05

This only started today, so I wondered if it is just a side-effect of the major changes, and hopefully temporary.

Any "click here" opens in the same tab, thus navigating away from PCA. They used to open in a new tab as you would expect. I haven't knowingly changed any settings.

Is anyone else getting the same thing?

ade.h 20:53 27 Oct 05

Anyone?

VoG II 20:57 27 Oct 05

Just tried (Opera 8.02). Clicking a link opened a new tab.

ade.h 20:58 27 Oct 05

What are your tab settings, VoG?

octal 21:30 27 Oct 05

Its a strange one that because I'm using 8.5 and if I click on a 'click here' link it opens in a new tab. I can't seem to find the settings for how tabs operate.

You should be able to click the mouse wheel which will open a link in a background tab, this will work around it for the time being.

ade.h 21:36 27 Oct 05

Okay, thanks for the tip. As far as I can tell, there aren't very many settings for tab behaviour. Firefox has a plug-in for tabs that gives extra settings, which I have used, but Firefox has thrown a wobbly and become completely unusable, so it's either Opera or IE for me.

It's just one of those annoying little glitches that are sent to try our patience!

octal 21:56 27 Oct 05

"It's just one of those annoying little glitches that are sent to try our patience!"

Too true, but what else would you be doing?

As far as Firefox goes it sounds like you've got a duff extension, have you tried either deleting your profile or creating a new one? That might cure it.

Simsy 22:03 27 Oct 05

That links to elswhere on this site open in the same page... if they are links to outside this site they open in a new page.

If you want to use the middle/wheel button, (which I always do), it's via Tools>Preferences>Advanced then at the bottom, "shortcuts" and in the middle the is a button to set "middle button options"

Regards,

Simsy

ade.h 22:08 27 Oct 05

When I say that Firefox is unusable, I mean completely! It won't start and won't uninstall properly either. Nothing to do with any extensions as far as I know. I haven't added any new ones for a long time anyway.
But that's a problem for another day, as it's not a great loss while Firefox was being so crash-happy.

ade.h 22:10 27 Oct 05

The "click here" links had been behaving as I would expect them to until today. That is, they were opening in a new tab just like they open in a new window in Firefox. I haven't made any changes to Opera's settings, as far as I know.

woodchip 22:16 27 Oct 05

Works OK in Netscape 7.2

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…