forum "links" being rejected

end 18:07 26 Jul 04

I have tried to send a "link" to a forum page to a colleague of mine; however, his e mail provider is "rejecting" it on "grounds of suspicion " etc ; my friend does not want page sent, so have tried to send just the URL link. but no good. I want his advise on a thread I am involved with on this forum, but am now stumped to know how to get the information to him......

??any ideas please.....

end 18:16 26 Jul 04

??which presumably means HE will have to manually type in the thing??

Dorsai 18:17 26 Jul 04

Is this about wol's problem? Soz, have tried to reproduce it and no joy. Stumped is me.

If you cant mail the link, try braking it up, and explain how you have (broken it up). eg ignore the returns, and type in as one singel line.

click here

index.cfm?go=discuss,

thread&threadid=155166

&fourumid=1

or do a screen dump, and e-mail him the screen dump, and the address of the thread will show in the picture.

WEll this is what i would do anyway.

Lionheart ? 18:18 26 Jul 04

Copy and paste then take out the spaces.

jonnytub 18:19 26 Jul 04

phonecall?? :-)

Djohn 18:19 26 Jul 04

It may be that your friend has express set to reject any mail that may contain potential harmful attachments.

Ask him to open the tools of Outlook express then options, security tab, remove the tick from the box that says, "Do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that may contain a virus"

The existing link he has should now work with out you having to resend it. j.

Dorsai 18:19 26 Jul 04

and, no it don't mean he will have to type it in, as he can cut one little bit, paste that in, cut the nex bit, paste it, etc.

end 18:29 26 Jul 04

yes; it is to do with wol"s thread; it has me stumped pro-temp; have sent an e mail to my friend having broken up the url, so far it has not been pinged back...:BUT, my friend and I CAN VNC each other, so THAT might be a way to do it.....

end 18:33 26 Jul 04

???are any of YOU above folks ON XP and if so can YOU reproduce Wols "problem"?? pppllleeeassseeee...

Dorsai 18:37 26 Jul 04

I have XP home, and use IE 6.0.2800.1106.xpsp2.030422-1633

From help-about. will help in any way if i can. Just ask.

Dorsai 18:43 26 Jul 04

ASk wol to do a screen dump...IE press 'print screen'...open MSpaint, right click on the blank picture and select paste. this should put a copy of the screen that he is actually seing into the paint. get him to e-mail it to you, and you foward it to me, so i can see what it is i am trying to reproduce.

can at least try can't i.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…