forum humour.......

end 19:28 13 Apr 04

have just been browsing through some of the threads. whilst people seem to have horrid problems with computers, viruses "and- the- rest",the humourous comments intertwined therein give me some gems to make me laugh.....thanks folks for "moments of light relief" amidst the seriousness of "computer nightmares ".......

justme 19:50 13 Apr 04

Sometimes the contributers try to be funny, other times it just turns out that way.

It just shows that we are human and not computers.

Forum Editor 19:56 13 Apr 04

in squeezing a quick humorous remark in when my back's turned. I'm well-known for my almost total lack of a sense of humour, so I'll probably never spot it anyway.

paddyjack 19:58 13 Apr 04

I still say that the humour should be put in a book. Maybe the FE has stored the humours ones safely and the mag might do us the honour. “It shouldn’t happen …………”

lucky1 19:59 13 Apr 04

...have you heard the one about......... !!!

spuds 20:01 13 Apr 04

sense of humour".Don't believe it (;o)

Lionheart ? 20:05 13 Apr 04

I would never have quessed :)

keith-236785 22:54 13 Apr 04

i find it the best thing to do when someone is obviously fed up of thier system to try to be light hearted and maybe even give them something to smile about as well as trying to help them solve thier problem. sometimes just relaxing and taking a few moments out can make you notice the most obvious answer shouting at you.

Forum editor,,,,, i have seen some of your comments....your sense of humour is OK.

Forum Editor 23:12 13 Apr 04

is that we don't all find the same things funny, and very often people's attempts at humour in the threads fall flat because of it. We all know the feeling of utter frustration which comes when the computer refuses to play ball - you could cheerfully hurl it through the window, and the last thing you want is some bright spark making a joke about your predicament. That's why I tend to discourage those "Time for a little light relief" threads - not because I'm an irascible spoilsport, but because I see the dozens of email complaints that invariably flood in. We run a fairly serious web forum here, and we have a sense of responsibility towards the thousands of people who read the threads but don't post - they haven't come here to read a thread with 50 links to joke sites.

Nevertheless, there are times when a little humour fits naturally into our rhythm, and someone says something that puts a smile on lots of faces.

citadel 23:23 13 Apr 04

Some people must lead sheltered lives and take offence at anything.

stalion 23:56 13 Apr 04

He's leaving friday

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017