Forum Hacked?

tasslehoff burrfoot 18:56 14 Jun 05

Hi

A friend of mine is a moderator of a forum and she told me today that her forum had been hacked, cuasing visitors to download a trojan.

I was somewhat sceptical about this and visited the site, sure enough as I entered the forum page of the site, the download dialogue in firefox popped up to ask if I wanted to download newexpl.php. Being very curious I did, i opened the downloaded file in dreamweaver but it's just gibberish to me.

I was wondering if anybody clever (brave?) enough would take a look and let me know if it is a trojan. It contains some server side scripts, I believe it to be harmless.

I won't post a link just yet because I think if somebody visited the site using IE they would download the file without realising.

If anybody would take a look, I will post the link at that time.

Thanks

tas

VoG II 18:58 14 Jun 05

Go on then, what the heck!

octal 19:02 14 Jun 05

If you give me the link via the little envelope I'll have a look, its not likely to effect Linux.

tasslehoff burrfoot 19:10 14 Jun 05

Octal, as VoG has also offered to look I will post the link here.

As I say, ifanybody just looks out of curiosity and is using IE there is a very good chance that they will download this file. So please don't.

click here

on the left hand side of that page there is a link to wedding forums, that's where the php file is.

Many thanks

Tas

VoG II 19:12 14 Jun 05

Yep there's a trojan. Exploit-MhtRedir.gen.

tasslehoff burrfoot 19:16 14 Jun 05

How do you know that? I scanned the file with nod32 and got nothing!

I'm gonna have to get rid of the thing now.

Thanks

Tas

VoG II 19:17 14 Jun 05

Screenshot click here

octal 19:17 14 Jun 05

Don't open it, it is a script of some sort, this is a screen shot of what's inside: click here

tasslehoff burrfoot 19:18 14 Jun 05

also says nothing.

Tas

VoG II 19:20 14 Jun 05

Info click here

CurlyWhirly 19:24 14 Jun 05

I also run McAfee anti-virus and had the exact same screen warning me of a trojan.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…