Forum etiquette

Forum Editor 20:46 08 Oct 03

Once again it's necessary to remind some people that we have a strict rule about inappropriate language in our forum - and that includes words that have asterisks (or other symbols) in place of some of the letters. It isn't necessary for me to go into details about which words are allowed and which aren't - common sense should tell you that - and in any case, if you replace letters with asterisks you're doing it because you know the word isn't acceptable here.

We will not tolerate the posting of links to sites that offer illegal software serial numbers or registration keys.

Neither will we allow threads/posts that ask for, or offer methods of circumventing CD copy protection or other ways of flouting the copyright laws.

We're running a responsible online forum for computer help and advice, and we will not allow it to be used as a vehicle for anything that is illegal, or anything that aids and abets illegal activities.

From today any thread or post that contravenes the above conditions will be deleted immediately it comes to our notice. There'll be no warning, and no further explanation.

We have reason to believe that the vast majority of our forum members support this policy.

Digital 20:49 08 Oct 03

Nice to find someone/somewhere with standards these days, keep on.

recap 20:51 08 Oct 03

Support the policy whole heartedly

y_not 20:53 08 Oct 03

Don't have a problem with this policy.

Just a little concerned that someone may have misread my suggestion to fakir

woodchip 20:57 08 Oct 03

Where was you earlier to day you missed the war, I have got the chop for a lot less

VoG II 20:59 08 Oct 03

If by "someone" you mean VoG then no - my response was to fakir, not you.

I also support the site policy, although I must admit to having transgressed in the past in the "heat of the moment".

There does seem to me to be a slightly grey area - "forgotten passwords", especially to password protected Excel or Word files or similar. I can believe that users could "fit and forget" one of these. I am deeply suspicious of threads about forgotten Windows passwords.

rev.bem 21:22 08 Oct 03

I also totally agree with the site policy.I have in the past been responsible for the closing/deleting of posts by inserting links to sites containing humor of an adult nature and although i try to stop it sometimes i just can't resist it(very childish i know)so i apologise and i will do my best to keep my filthy mind to myself in the future.

dave h 21:26 08 Oct 03

Got to agree with this post...

Pesala 21:48 08 Oct 03

Just wondering whether you like to be informed if regular members come across something a bit dubious.

Valvegrid 21:59 08 Oct 03

"common sense should tell you that"

I'm sorry to say common sense isn't very common these days, but I hope your warning is noted by the minority.

rev.bem 22:01 08 Oct 03

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…