forum editor, where are my postings??

six-h 16:47 02 Nov 04

some time ago I posted a request for advice re a website "wheredown.com" our school e-mail system has been down for about 4 weeks, and now I have about 20 auto e-mails advising responses.this posting is not listed in "my postings" and I cannotgo back far enough in the forum pages to find the entry. Also strangely a serch for "wheredown" shows no result!!- what to do?

Salinger 16:52 02 Nov 04

You'll probably find that the thread was deleted, possibly because it contained a link or reference to a dubious site.

crx1600 16:59 02 Nov 04

if i remember rightly, some members reported picking up several trojans from the link given.

and obviously the advice was not to use that site, and to scan your PC if you have.

six-h 17:11 02 Nov 04

thanks for your information both of you, this explains why the posting seems to have evaporated, good job I'm patient, I've not yet visited the site myself and nor will I!

crx1600 17:22 02 Nov 04

don't the 20 emails each contain the text of the message posted? (i thought they did)

you should be able to read through those responses, and see what happened within the thread.

Mr Mistoffelees 19:00 02 Nov 04

appears to be an illegal download site. No doubt why the original thread was removed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…