Forum Editor For PCA

david4637 17:07 26 Mar 04

Before the new server we had 10 pages of questions, which provided a big enough overlap if you logged on say once a day. Now we have only 4 Pages, which means some questions are "lost" if you log on once per day.
Please let me know if this can be fixed? Thanks David

GaT7 17:20 26 Mar 04

Recently, this has already been discussed before - click here & click here

It would be nice if you could add your support here - click here

Regards, G

bremner 17:21 26 Mar 04

You obviously haven't been around much lately.

There have been numerous threads on this.

The situation is that everything is being done to update the Forum after the mega server move.

We went up from 2 pages to 4 pages earlier in the week - so lets just be grateful for the site and hope everything goes well for those completing the upgrade.

GANDALF <|:-)> 18:11 26 Mar 04

There is also the 'contact the forum editor' button to the top left of this page ;-))))

G

GaT7 18:17 26 Mar 04

Shouldn't we leave the FE in peace on this one? The poor chap must've had to deal with so many similar queries/complaints recently. Regards, G

GaT7 18:22 26 Mar 04

Moreover, the FE has explained the situation & apologised (see links I provided above). Please ALL do allow him to do his job without pestering him over & over again about this particular issue. Thanks, G

Forum Editor 18:23 26 Mar 04

in each forum area to 200 threads was a conscious one. It eases the load on the server considerably, and we'll run it like this for a while to see how we go.

Such decisions aren't set in stone, and we're continuously monitoring the situation. If it appears that the majority of the forum members would prefer to see more pages of threads we'll review our decision, but we would prefer to wait for a little while longer before we jump in that direction.

GANDALF <|:-)> 18:23 26 Mar 04

As the thread is addressed to the forum editor, won't he have to deal with this????

G

the kopite 18:29 26 Mar 04

FE I need four pages for myself your best customer the infamous Kopite

GaT7 18:33 26 Mar 04

By the looks of it, many members would prefer to see more pages of threads. Could a poll or something be conducted to see what they/we say?

leo49 18:44 26 Mar 04

Why don't you follow your own advice?

" Please ALL do allow him to do his job without pestering him over & over again about this particular issue."

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…