Forum Editor and/or other experts in new software

Biggles no more 13:27 20 Feb 03

I currently use MS Money Standard 2000, and have been looking for the 2003 version to use with my current W98SE and the potential purchase of a new PC later this year, with WinXP. I have been totally confused in my efforts to purchase a copy of this software.

Firstly, in the Mesh advertisement in the March edition on PCA (and in previous editions), there is an illustration of the MS Money Standard 2003 box, which I have been searching for but unable to find. It does not appear on the MS UK website, but Mesh appear to have it. Since November 2002, my local PC World have had a version simply designated Money 2003, but it does not say which version it is. On the barcode sticker it refers to it as Money Deluxe UK only, but "Deluxe" is the USA version designed primarily for on-line banking, which I do not use. To add to the confusion, PC World are now selling this off at £19.99 which suggests it is a discontinued version. I now read in March PCA (page 121) that MS will be introducing a 2003 version "in the UK in Spring". It is also referred to as Money Deluxe, so I am now completely confused!

So, my question is, what is the basic version called? Is it Money Standard as offered and illustrated in the Mesh advertisement and familiar to UK users? Or, have they adopted the USA name of Money Deluxe? And if the latter is the case, why is a Spring release mentioned when it has been available here since November last year? More to the point, is this the heavily Internet version developed for on-line banking, or can it be used for ordinary bank accounts as my 2000 version can. I have no Internet connection on my home PC - I get net access via a Public Library PC, which is all I need as I have little use for the Internet.

I assume the PCA office are aware of this software and that they, or someone familiar with this major product can guide me in my purchase?

Biggles no more 13:47 24 Feb 03

Anyone there?

Sir Radfordin™ 13:54 24 Feb 03

Why don't you speak to Microsoft, after all they are the people who make and sell the software in the first place!

As for the "anyone there" only left it 10 minutes.

Biggles no more 14:02 24 Feb 03

No, four days and 20 minutes.

How do I speak to Microsoft? I have no contact Email address.

powerless 14:10 24 Feb 03

click here

Usually a "refresh" will help, as your thread drops down to the bottom and onto the next page.

I'm guessing no one replied because no one knew the answer :-(

Pikachu 14:13 24 Feb 03

Go to this link, it'll tell you the difference between the versions click here

powerless 14:18 24 Feb 03

3 minutes :-(

rosblot 14:34 24 Feb 03

Hi Biggles no more
If your current money 2000 software is doing the necessary, why do you want to buy a newer version?

It will cost money, fill up your hard drive and still only do the same job.

It is highly unlikely that it will do anything better, quicker or cheaper.

Neither is it likely to increase your money supply without considerable assistance from you.

Sir Radfordin™ 14:35 24 Feb 03

Sorry...didn't see the day bit it was Monday morning after all!

Email isn't the best way to get an answer to this problem - give them a ring. You should be able to find a phone number on a bit of software, or search the net (if one of the links already given doesn't help.)

Biggles no more 15:29 24 Feb 03

As stated. Money 2000 is not compatible with XP. I'd be happy to keep it if it was.

jazzypop 15:42 24 Feb 03

I can't see where you state that Money 2000 is not compatible with XP.

If I had seen that statement, I would have said that it was wrong.

There are many threads on the Web confirming that Money 2000 is compatible with XP.

See click here for just one of them.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…