To The Forum Editor.

Scouse 18:39 21 Jan 03
  Scouse 18:39 21 Jan 03

Would the F.E. agree with me that PC Advisor's recent articles concerning the building of your own PC have been an excellent way of giving first-time builders a brilliant step by step guide to computers?

I am sure the only answer to this is yes! The articles are detailed but understandable, explained well and if followed from start to finish, will give you the desired end result.

My gripe is this:- One of the first paragraphs of text in these articles is a HEFTY reminder of the need to familiarise yourself with correct "Anti-Static" procedures. It goes without saying that protection from static can save £££££'s in replacing top end components.

Bearing this in mind I would just like to point out to you the images on the PCA homepage.

Before logging on I noticed a selection of images relating to components, self building and Xbox. The self build image contained the CPU being lowered towards the Motherboard, held in the hand of a man without any Antistatic straping, not even a protective glove. As PCA encourages self-building this image could quite easily give the wrong impression.

Sorry to harp on a little but dinner is not ready yet!

Forum Editor 18:44 21 Jan 03

unfortunately the picture doesn't show the anti-static mat on which the man is standing.

Thank you for your kind comments about the articles however.

Scouse 18:49 21 Jan 03

A larger picture to show his feet perhaps????

Just kidding, appreciate your point.

Regarding the kind comments, do I win a prize?

GANDALF <|:-)> 20:08 21 Jan 03

I use a towel to stand on, :-)))

Scouse 20:54 21 Jan 03

I hope thats a "Dry" towel!

TOPCAT® 20:58 21 Jan 03

I use wellies, Just to make an impression!! :)) TC.

Quiller. 21:42 21 Jan 03

Nice one. TOPCAT®

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…