Forum Editor

michelleuk 22:40 19 Jan 03
  michelleuk 22:40 19 Jan 03

Hi,

I'm relativly new and have recived many a response for a number of my questions. And I have in turn tried to respond where I can in other peoples questions. My problem or rather question is, when I post my own question I can click a box so any response is emailed to me. But when I respondto someone else in their message, there is no box to click to ask for an email when they have replied.

As my memory is poor, is there an automatic system that I don't know about where I can have an email notification when a response has been made in any of the threads I have responded in.

Or do I have to write the title down and do a search next time I am here to find it? If that is the case, and it is down to my own menory, could an email notifcation system be considered. That way it makes it easier to find and respond in a thread initiated by someone else. Something similar to the notification one recives from their own thread?

Just a thought. Thank you

Take Care
Michelle:-)
click here - my own site

siarad 22:46 19 Jan 03

At the bottom of the page you'll see Jump to: & next to it a menu where you can choose My Postings

PA28 22:48 19 Jan 03

Michelle. Go to the "Jump to" box at the bottom of each helproom page and scroll to "my postings". Then all will be revealed in glorious technicolour!

Lozzy 22:49 19 Jan 03

Interesting question!!! can't for the response since PCA have cut back on the search engine..

Stuartli 22:51 19 Jan 03

Use My Postings as suggested - unless, of course, you like being inundated with e-mails in view of your proposal.

I don't....:-)

Forum Editor 23:03 19 Jan 03

Michelle - and it's all good.

If you visit the forum fairly often it can also help to take a look at the two panels on the top right of this page - they'll give you an idea of which threads have been responded to most recently.

PA28 23:06 19 Jan 03

Thought you'd gone to bed, China. This is impressive!

spuds 23:07 19 Jan 03

Another email response, that perhaps you are not aware.If you wish to send a reply to another forum user, you can click on the little yellow envelope alongside their username.This will send an email direct to them via PCA.But do not forget, that any responses are best displayed to other users.

doug 23:45 19 Jan 03

Another and quicker way for getting directly to your postings is click on Help Room, scroll down a ffew lines to - Registered Users Area > Discussion Forum and click. Scroll Down to My postings. This gives all the Threads for the postings that you have started and have responded to. I usually go there after log on. The shows the latest interests to threads that you have had an interest in in the past. It used to to be very revealing how old threads keep cropping up. To go directly to the Help Room, scroll up and click on Helproom at te top.

Forum Editor 23:48 19 Jan 03

What a good idea - but not yet.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…