forum advice

2020 21:44 02 Jan 04

really welcomed the advice on this site,however find using the discussion archive a total waste of time.i used it to avoid replication...why bother? last week i followed a thread about protocol for using the site, the moderator invited requests for an enlightening email. this was requested but has not arrived and when trying to retrace the thread thru the archive no result? please advise

Djohn 21:54 02 Jan 04

Click on the "Contact Moderator" button and ask for the Forum advice again. The Forum editor has mentioned that he has sent all of them out but some have been bounced back to him, mainly from AOL addresses. j.

Pesala 21:56 02 Jan 04

Yes. The search function is a bit hard to fathom. It only finds the thread in the default mode if you can remember the first word. However, if you type a word in each box with OR in between it has a much greater chance of success.

I found the thread you want click here by searching for:

using OR forum

In fact, the thread title was "Not sure how to use the forum?" so you would have had to type "Not" in the first box to find it. Using wasn't in the title, and neither was the first word, but my search located the thread OK.

Djohn 21:56 02 Jan 04

For "Contact Moderator" should be "Contact Forum Editor". Blue panel top left of page.

Pesala 22:02 02 Jan 04

Ironically, it took me about three or four attampts to find this one click here (~_~)

2020 22:04 02 Jan 04

many thanks for ur help. as u point out pesala a bit of a needle in a haystack if u don't recall the title of the thread u looked at weeks ago.
thanyou again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…