Formula for Multiple Conditions

daddy3108 19:49 PM 13 Nov 12

Please can someone help me? I need to write a formula based on the response for two cells, but am having problems joining them. The first part of the formula works, but I can't seem to get the end of it.

In Cell D2 is called SDP1, Cell E2 is called SDP2. If yes is entered in E2, then nothing needs happen. If however, No is entered then the cells F2 - J2 needs to be highlighted; with No as the result not FALSE.

This is the first part of the formula: =IF($D$2="Yes","Yes"),can't seem to get this bit working?????

I hope that this makes sense and that someone can help me.

Many thanks :0/

Woolwell 21:22 PM 13 Nov 12

Having trouble fully understanding this but shouldn't the formula be =IF($D$2="Yes","Yes","No") which returns NO if Yes isn't inserted in D2.

TonyV 15:22 PM 14 Nov 12

If my understanding is right, you need the formula =IF($E$2="No","No","") in cells F2 to J2. This will put a blank or No in the cells. Then to Highlight those cells, (F2 to J2), select them all and Conditionally Format them to give the background colour you desire.

Hopefully that is what you are looking for.

daddy3108 20:35 PM 14 Nov 12

Thanks for the responses guys.

Tony yours worked a treat - Thank you! xx

TonyV 21:26 PM 14 Nov 12

Glad it worked out OK.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Pro 4 review: Hands-on with the new generation of Surface

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Crowdfunding for world’s first 3D camera-computer found in 30 hours

2015 iMac release date rumours, specs, price & features: new 21in 4K Retina iMacs coming next week