Forms in websites

Dinkiz 21:07 03 Jan 03
  Dinkiz 21:07 03 Jan 03

Hi All,
I need some advice re forms on websites. I've put together quite an extensive family site with all sorts of stuff in, along with several forms. At the moment, when someone fills in the form the Submit button emails the form directly to me. It arrives with loads of plus signs etc like this hello+there+my+name+is etc. Does anyone know how I can set it up so that the form comes to me in a legible format. I've had cgi mentioned to me but haven't a clue what to do. Any help from some webmasters out there would certainly make a balding man not get any balder :o)

Cheers in anticiaption,
Dinkiz

neilpat 21:27 03 Jan 03

if you are using golive then i can help you, unless you are typing the source code out from memory.

Dinkiz 21:31 03 Jan 03

Hi neilpat,

I'm using Dreamwaver 4 but have now also got Dreamweaver MX....any ideas? oh yeah and re 'code'...definately not writing it from memory...wouldn't know where to start :o(

neilpat 21:34 03 Jan 03

dont bother with CGI you dont need to

What does the html on the submit button say?

Dinkiz 06:22 04 Jan 03
  mackaycc 14:05 04 Jan 03

If you don't have much previous experience in website design your best bet is to use a free cgi script such as this click here

Dinkiz 16:06 04 Jan 03

Thanks, I'll take a look :o)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…