can't find

memy 23:29 31 Jan 04

I am trying to get a form mail program called set up to run. It requires which is loaded to cgi-bin together with but the latter is failing to find

The 'Require' statement (line 19)is:
require './';

the error produced when you try to submit the form is:
"CGI Error
The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete set of HTTP headers. The headers it did return are:
Can't locate ./ at e:\domains\(my domain*)\user\htdocs\cgi-bin\ line 19."

(* to hide my domain name)

Why is it trying to find the file on e:??

Any ideas welcome. Thanks. M.

Forum Editor 00:36 01 Feb 04

you must edit the first line of the script to include the path to perl on your host server. By default this is usually: #!/usr/local/bin/perl

Although other possible paths (for Perl 5) are:

Upload the script to your server, and all should be well. Make sure that you have set the file permissions correctly, or the script won't work. I can't tell you what the permissions are, because I don't know which files the script uses. You should set the permissions using your FTP CHMOD commands.

All this applies to a Unix server of course - on a Windows server you don't need to do it.

memy 12:06 01 Feb 04

Thanks. I had set the path to perl as per my service provider's instructions: #!/usr/bin/perl

I have also set the path to sendmail.

chmod for both files is set to 755 as per readme.txt instructions. So, as far as I can see, the parameters are set correctly.

I'll see if I can get some advice from th SP's support people.

Thanks, M.

Taran 17:32 01 Feb 04

Most Perl form mailer scripts will require a list of permissable users or referers [the web address or addresses from where forms may be processed], a list of recipients or send-to addresses [the email addresses you would like mail to be sent to] and one or two other things.

Triple check these settings since an error on any one of them will bring things to a grinding hault.

memy 19:22 01 Feb 04

I'll check it all out. Ta. M

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…